1.8.10

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 Scans and More Scans

Three scans today as we look for cancer in all the other places. I have come to dread these, as it requires me to lie on my back for a period of time and lie still. I cannot lie down anymore. The onset of midriff pain is immediate and intense. Sleep comes in segments, a few minutes a session, sometimes an hour. I use both recliners and at least one turn in my own bed every day. Holding Vanessa warm and snug for as long as I can until the pain is unbearable is my nightly goal.
The bone scan was a first for me. I timed my medication to kick in as close to procedure time as possible. Of great benefit to me is the ability of Clarian facilities to maintain their schedule. One pass with the scanner from head to toe, which required an isotope injection 2 hours ahead of that. Once again the standard of care was over the top from those manning the information booth at the hospital entrance to those doing the procedure. Now we all wait on pins and needles for the results. Having been slammed already with bad news and worse news, Family and I are bracing for what these scans tell us.

No comments:

Post a Comment