29.8.10

Sharing Brings Support

Starting Monday with an inspiring note through Facebook from a sweet soul I last had a conversation with on or about 1975. She had read parts of this that I have published on the blog. I am a little uncomfortable with all this writing about myself yet I find so many who care about me I am humbled and driven to go on with it.
Hi Mike,
Hope you'll remember me. (W)
I just read a couple of your recent blogs at J's request.
I can not imagine the horrific treatments you are undergoing. It conjures up random barbaric torture scenes from who knows where in my mind. Of course, I wish I had something to offer. I know Vanessa would gladly take the treatments for you if it were possible. From what I understand there are a LOT of people who think you are phenomenal and are standing with you.
Impressive, your acute observations in that precarious space you carry out your days. That new keenness has got to be pivotal to some aspect of a lovelier life. (Along with the treatments doing their job, you may border on perfect when you're done).
I wanted you to know that I was thinking about you. That this horrible thing you go through in private matters to more people than you know.
God bless you through this.
W
Thank you W, and of course how could I forget? It is great to reconnect. The journal, written at the time, I think leaves a darker impression than reality for me. If I were not so stubborn and boneheaded a lot of my discomfort may have been averted. In any event having never been sick I plead ignorance. You are correct about perspectives. The story gets better. I started in July posting the first page. I was starting on a book when diagnosed and just kept going with a different subject, being narcissistically me. At present I am back at work and Van's honey do list, which impressively fills two pages of a legal pad. Great to be well again.
As I have learned there are many blessings, your care and concern certainly being one of them. Also, do to my mobility issues I have a handicap placard, placing me at the gate entrance at Verizon and other venues. Nice.
I was not sure about sharing my journal, but I have learned that my life is filled with caring people who really do want to know all the details, even though they don't. Soon my postings will be current. We are having a good summer, and I hope you are as well.
Random barbaric scenes eh? Somehow I always knew.
Lovingly yurs,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment