28.8.10

Home Family And Fashion

Sunday August 8, the venetian blind slats arched down towards me and I can now make out the dark splotches of trees in front against a lighter gray backdrop. Sun rises and it is another day in paradise. Spent Saturday methodically working on trim and finish items around the house with a lot of carpentry and a little building and grounds work. This is trim and finish work to polish the asset for maximum return on investment even as the market collapses around us. No matter, you own a home you have to keep up with the maintenance because we all know little things get big in a hurry if left unattended. Windows needing paint will soon rot, shingles missing will make for leaks and so forth. Stay busy all the time. Jennifer called yesterday, just to chat I think. I love her voice and laugh. She has a lot of stress and issues in her life, my condition included. As we talked I could see her and smell her in my mind, and it reminded me of how much I miss her presence and the handful she is when around. When it comes to Daughters, we did real good.
Traveling today to the Wife’s family reunion I just realized with my high dollar stockings, girdle and underwear I am wearing over a hundred dollars worth of undergarments. This puts me in Jennifer’s stratospheric wardrobe realm, although Jocelyn hastened to point out on my mention of the thought that her investment might be similar, but it covers a lot less. More detail than I needed. But consider, someone in the next stall might see a calf or two of mine under the divider and think perhaps I was a high fashion model, or a walking manikin, or someone with very strange skin or perhaps even a clothes horse. Oh no no, we’re not going there. That’s not fair to those of us who wear over a hundred dollars worth of underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment