6.8.10

Tuesday, May 18th Dealing With It

I am writing this a little after 6A. Expanding bandage used for my leg wrapping hanging from the shower rod drying in the morning air. Pee in the toilet for a chance and hit the target, ah, life is good. My pain over the past few days has diminished. The swelling in my lower half has not gotten worse. I now wear spandex bike shorts, just the ones banned in my bike club Fat Men on Ten Speeds. I have to say I did not know what I was missing. Another standard wardrobe item not in my inventory just a few months ago is the panty liner, or pad, a feminine hygiene product since I am capable of dribbling. Perhaps all men should try this out and decide for themselves the merits of wings vs. non wing, ultra thin vs. thick and absorbent. Neither my Daughters nor my Wife ever discussed the finer points of these accessories, like how they can come unglued and roll over with the adhesive side facing your flesh, hair and the dukester in a man’s case. Nothing like peeling the wrong end of the pad off of you to brighten your day I can tell you. This is what the cancer does. It wants to humiliate you, beat you down, and take away your dignity and your pride. Well I guess in my case I always lacked in the dignity department and was never too proud so I can laugh at this crappy situation and all that it throws at me. After all the bike shorts are stylish and the compression they provide comforting, dripping in a pad beats the hell out of pissing my pants, in spite of the drawbacks. I hope I can maintain this improved condition. Vanessa really needs the break from putting up with my suffering, as do I. I know it helps my Girls as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment