9.8.10

The Return Of Mikey Two Shoes - A Time For Celebration

The first of June 2010 and a time for great celebration has come. I can wear two shoes. Yes, it was a real feat, so to speak. For a while I wore my work out sneakers, snug fitting on a good day. But I had to change to my worn and beaten pair that only a few months ago I contemplated throwing away. My left leg is still half again as large as my right, and my left foot is bloated as if decaying road kill with fluid that can be manipulated and squeezed in a most macabre fashion. Never the less, the fact is I can wear two shoes, one much looser than the other. My right foot also has fluid pockets collecting and continues to be a concern. Fortunately Inger, my Swedish masseuse is dedicated to controlling that situation and works tirelessly at it. I told everyone I encountered about my two shoe accomplishment. I did not expect an enthusiastic response and only got a couple. The import of this feat is lost on most who take two shoes as just a part of life. I am thrilled to say it is now once again a part of mine on occasion. It is certainly yet to be a fixture daily. I still must fall under Inger’s pained yet delicate touch daily and endure wrapping at night. I have been measured for compression stockings, giving my legs that manikin look. They should arrive this week. It is possible I could return to the driving range this summer.
As for the cancer so far the chemo has not worked per Dr. H. I could quit any time, but he recommended we complete the process. I have two more, and find they are increasingly difficult to endure. Time before last with the carbo and gem I suffered a large knot at the infusion point, took antibiotics for a week and had to make provisions for warm compress application several times a day to get it under control. In addition my hair on my head is definitely thinning, with an increasingly prominent bald spot in the front. Never the less, I understand process of all things in this disease. I will complete the chemo regimen and we will go from there because that is the process. On the positive side no new spots were noted and nothing has grown bigger (cancer wise).

No comments:

Post a Comment