10.8.10

Compression Stockings

Manikin legs, what else can you say. Compression stockings will be part of my life going forward. These cynical devices, made in Germany I understand are like rubber band hosiery. One has to wonder what diabolical or horrible thing this fabric was developed for in the first place. Now 4 days after getting them I was able to put them on without help or incident this morning. Turn them inside out except the foot end, locate the heel, stretch, push in with silk footsie on to make it easier then roll on stocking. Mine are particularly compressing. Manikin legs, it is a handicap. This is part of my new reality, my revised normalcy.
I talked it over a little with Jennifer last night. She seemed to accept it as well. It cannot be a matter of worse or better, it has to be that it is just different, yet as close as we can make it to the old normalcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment