24.8.10

Angels And Other Friends

The one who has shown her metal here is Vanessa aka Inger the Swedish masseuse. She has kept her suffering from me, been my advocate, manager and secretary. She has coached, guided, loved, attended, cared for, fed, clothed, hauled, stood by, stayed up with, hovered over, waited for, waited on, cleaned up after me. She mentioned last night taking another shot at the weedeater this weekend as she fearlessly prepares for taking over major portions of property management. Our neighbor Dale, who mowed the property when she was too exhausted to, asked if he could mow yesterday but pride and stubbornness inbred in her spirit led her to decline. ‘We don’t have to go as many places right now so I can do it’ she declared. I proudly told Phil I was cleared for the hedge trimmer and thanked him for doing them. I was amazed at the job he did, down to moving clippings to the compost pile.
I am not sure how to thank Dale and Bob for all their help on the property, or Jim, Dan and the rest for their offers and support. For a bunch of neighbors who wave and smile but hardly ever talk there sure is a lot of love around here of the Christian variety. We forget it is the neighborhoods that are the beginning of everything for every child, the heart of democracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment