6.8.10

My Professional Team

As I have often said of this excursion, God hides in every bit of turmoil a blessing. My work team and Employer certainly fall in this category. With my change in routine the result will be a stronger Company with more security for all I hope. Nothing illustrates this more than this e mail exchange between me and Bruce, our Team Service Coordinator.
-From: Mike Courtney
…..Let me know what else you need as I am deskbound and happy to fill my day with whatever you throw at me.
Thanks so much for your help. I am so sorry I cannot contribute more, I know this has impacted your work load and so appreciate your support and help. On the other hand I am bound to keep calling and looking for stuff which will only pile more on you. But then, you have big, if not sore, shoulders.
Bruce to Mike:
Good Morning:
Glad that you are making the calls
The extra work load just means that it's hussle time, and that is good for all of us.
I will send this imformation on to Brad
Have a GREAT WEEKEND and PLEASE call if Debbie or myself can do anything for you.
Got ot go spraying for WEEDS
BRUCE

Piling on Bruce really doesn’t work out well and I suspect causes distress in my absence. He is a man of routines and does not like to get out of them. Yet my core function for the past 37 years has been to produce opportunities for billable hours, mostly for other people. I take pride in my ability to sell services that not only are vital to the Customer but produce meaningful, safe and good work for the coworkers I serve. I feel very close to all of them and very responsible for them. They have demonstrated through their outreach and offerings that they feel the same for me. With the support of my Employer and my team I am so far ahead of this game it isn’t funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment