23.8.10

Awareness, Improvement And Political Correctness

My ‘awareness’ campaign notifying those I know of my blog of this record is really a cover as I suffer through these days of wondering a little about my future. In any event I am preparing for it, getting back into a gym regimen, increasing sweat therapy with outside property projects and so forth. Jeans are getting a little easier to wear and I am at last getting my voracious appetite under control.
In keeping with my promise I will now include ‘Life According To Rex’ segments that arise from our visits, which sometimes unravel into ad hoc brainstorming sessions. On marriage Rex says it is a life to wife swap, you give up your life and take on your wife, and if you were successful you traded up. That is certainly true in my case.
After reading part of this record an old friend whom I no longer see but am able to keep up with through the wonder of the internet wrote;
Hi Mike,
You sure know how to lead off an email…no dancing around or beating up the bushes or coating with sugar.
I read your blog – side bar…20 years ago, you know when Gore was thinking of inventing the internet, no one that knows you would be surprised that you would someday write a blog…even though no one had an inkling of such a contraption. Anyway, I enjoyed your writing, but wished the topic was different. You made me laugh out loud (I can’t do the “lol”) with descriptions and noun selections. And, I think you set a record for the number of references to icing marbles.
Your message is one of hope and affirmation of the importance of family. The “in sickness and in health” doesn’t seem like a romantic platitude, once someone shows their metal when the gravity of the situation seems overwhelming.
Give me an update when you can, especially if you continue to write your blog (which is Japanese for standup). I pray that you continue the “good fight”, continue to get better and continue to be lifted by those that love you.
Don

No comments:

Post a Comment