2.8.10

April 5, 2010 Lymphedema - An Unintended Consequence

April 5- A new week and I find myself completely crippled. Lymphedema is the cause of swelling to my left leg. Although not very painful, I am now aware of the limb. We take for granted our extremities. When a shoulder injury resulted in a torn rotator cuff a few years back I discovered how heavy my arm was. I never considered the weight of my arm before then, or the genius of the Creator in designing a frame and muscle structure that could support it through all of its normal motion. The experience gave me a healthy respect what I was swinging around from my shoulders. As I deteriorate things get a little worse each week, and this week is no exception. I now find my movement, even limited is severely restricted. April of 2009 and my 'overdoing it' level was roughly equivalent to what is was 30 years prior. April of 2010 and that level is achieved with a short walk through the house.
Had an echogram of the heart done at three pm and it must be Tuesday. Short procedure with photo’s for baseline and to check for any sign of heart disease. Butler lost by a hair and college basketball is now dormant at last. The intensity of those battles, many down to the last few seconds just as the last one was have been a great source of inspiration and entertainment these past weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment