22.8.10

Thursday July 29, 2010

What the hell happened to July? It was hot, we were busy and the days flashed by. Already it is 6 AM. Yesterday was loafer day, another honeymoon milestone. I got in my slip on shoes that I thought I never would with dress socks. I just wish this meant I was healing up, but the lymphedema is not the disease, just an unintended consequence of it. We must take our victories where we can get them and not dwell on the defeats. Even as I speak I am looking at the blog I started last weekend to publish this long winded diatribe. Jocelyn found it an emotional read. My responses from class mates (I shamelessly linked it on Facebook) and Family and Friends has been touching so far. It is a good way for me to raise awareness, and who cares; I mean what else would I do with this. Vanessa continues to learn manly ways. She took on the echo saber, our atomic gas powered hedge clipper and tentatively addressed some shrubs. After judging it was not all that bad she cleared me to use the tool and I knocked down 50’ or so. Saturday I did the entire line. Our bushes are tenacious fast growing thick stemmed deciduous monsters that no ordinary hedge clipper can conquer. But it is great exercise and I have decided some sweat therapy would do me good at this point. Last weekend Van also took on the weed eater, and ran it around to decide she did not care for the tool. I share her sentiment. For this I failed to get a picture, shame on me. Watching her delicate frame work the heavy stuff makes me smile and worry about her overdoing it. Fortunately I am well enough now to do a lot, just slower than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment