16.8.10

July 21, 2010 Battle Status

July 21, 2010 and the heat is still on. The e mail to my cousin Jeff in answer to his question on my battle status sums up my state I think.
Hi Jeff,
Much better thank you. No longer require daily wrapping. Off pain meds and back at it full bore at present. Still walk with a stick and a step slower but that is alright. Got a handicap permit so we park in front of the gate at Verizon. Got to see D Matthews, S Winwood and Santana so far. Van made me up a honey do list, on a legal pad. I did the plumbing under the house, embellished with a string of obscenities. I might have pulled a muscle scraping gutters. Life is a wonderful thing.
As for my condition chemo is done. Scan had some positive light. Improvement to left kidney and reduced lymph node size by a little. We scan again 9/20, if no new spread and some more improvement we discuss going for the cure with the surgeons. Until then, soldier on like a good salesman and have a good time.
Mike
ps: and get some orders

No comments:

Post a Comment