11.8.10

Joys Of Handicapped Parking

It’s Saturday and uncharacteristically hot for June. The cat is snoring in the corner, Van is on the phone with a Daughter and life is good. We went to a concert last night with 16,000 others. Discovered the joy of the handicapped parking placard while we were there. It put us right next to the gate in front of VIP, it don’t get better. Pondered at how many were really handicapped, saw a few, but, and I don’t mean to cast aspersions, perhaps there were a few that borrowed Mom’s or Grandma’s, or Aunt Millie’s card? Before hand we partied with our gracious host and hostess Jared and Jocelyn, along with friends Megan and Zach, good friends indeed. I did not make the end of the show, my feet in the bands finally getting the best of me and Van seemed agreeable to go. Overall it was a resounding success and proved another joy I can partake of with my handicap. Van’s Church will let me use a wheel chair whenever I need one but I think I will try the lawn next time, get in early, buy their high priced beer and park in front of a jumbotron. Having seen Dave Matthews again I can say my life is truly complete to this point. .

No comments:

Post a Comment