16.8.10

Lymphedema, Neuropathy, Cancer and Usetobee's

Up before the morning light and still cleaning in the garage. My physical condition is markedly improved even from last week. The Lymphedema in all areas is greatly reduced thanks in great part to the ever diligent efforts of Inger who still watches over me, encourages and inspires me and works me over just about every day, doing at least the pump points which are such a keystone part of MLD (manual lymph drainage).
The compression stockings are easier to wear and more comfortable as a result of the swelling going down. Since starting the pills for it I have not had another attack of neuropathy in my feet. I am still out of fear taking the pills but having a real hard time making the three a day routine. I never thought I would sit around discussing medications, symptoms, changes in habit, bowel issues etc. I know it is a favorite conversation amongst the chronically ill. I still have a hard time accepting that I am in that state yet at the BCAN (Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network) picnic I am sure I sounded like a little old lady, discussing my prognosis and care to date. Jim spoke of his medications and cited dosages, a detail I have found myself including in my conversation. In our defense the chronically ill get asked a lot of these questions. It is just not enough to say you have cancer. Everyone wants the details, starting with what kind.
Ah, enough of the early morning ramblings. I will slow the pace today and fuss with some diversions a little. Vanessa has finally acquiesced that I am well enough to trim the hedges, and I am wise enough to know it might take a lot longer than it use to. I will not be angry over usetobee’s today.

No comments:

Post a Comment