1.8.10

Chemo Delayed But Swelling Goes On

. After arriving home the e-mail from Marietta put a stop to any such cause for celebration. I had failed the EKG. The one squiggly line means I have to see a cardiologist before I can start chemo. The appointment is a week away, 4 days after what would have been my first treatment and first relief from the suffering if it was successful.
Tuesday and Dawn took pity on me. She is the new Ologist's nurse. She got me an appointment Thursday this week. I told her she just may have saved a life. She cried out that her Doctor is so overbooked. Last night was a very rough night. Pain is increasing. Today I found myself in demoralizing debilitating pain after even a few steps. In addition, in it’s latest delivery of unintended consequences the lymph nodes that are swollen and restricting blood flow and cannot be cured except with chemo which I cannot take because of a line on a graph that squiggled instead of squiggled representing a thrombus aorta something has caused my trouser trout to shrink significantly. I have my helmet intact, but the mighty shaft upon which it once stood is not to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment