5.8.10

Round 2 With The Beginning Of May

The first week of May marks round two of the chemo. While round one helped certainly, Dr. H seemed disappointed that it had not done more to impact the cancer. Round two is the same as round one chemically. The first treatment went as the one previous. I still have my hair, and the toughest part of it is the night of and day after. But on Tuesday this week business was good and Van chauffeured me about to make calls. Met a great fellow in Muncie who’s business was once tier one for the automotive. The business is a shell now, but he plods along, for it is what he knows. We visited for an hour with barely a mention of my obvious handicaps. For the first time Deanna, our angel of physical therapy, broke out machinery. To begin with she treated me with something similar to a brush plating device where I held the ground or cathode, and she held the anode, in the form of a pad. She used cornstarch for lubricant and worked over my left leg. This she called deep tissue therapy. Then I was placed in a variation of a G suit, with chambers that alternately inflate and deflate, producing an exquisite sensation and sense of fluid moving in my leg and middle. After therapy I made several trips to the single restroom on the first floor of the hospital over the course of an hour. Today I have bruised feet and cannot walk. Oops.
Two AM Friday. Now 26 hours of severe foot pain. Had no taste for Oreos tonight and ate a peach fruit cup This is definitely not the old me. The pain in the feet is accompanied by a black and blue toe on the left and one on the right to a lesser degree. The pain is a burning, your toenails wanting to blow off. Definitely not bruised feet as first thought. Marietta says Dr. H has a drug if it is not better today, nuerontin I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment