1.8.10

Discovering My New Club

Monday-I remember last week thinking that it was worse than the week before and pondering what life was going to be like if next week is worse at the same rate. Today I found out. On the other hand I continue to explore ways to handle it, like icing, heat, changing the way I sit, introducing new sitting positions, the list goes on and on. In this way my tolerance seems to be increasing with the level delivered, which means no change from last week. But bladder capacity is down, urinepaination is up, mobility further declining. Road muffins require laxatives to produce, the last batch being of some mass and passing with some determination.
Today was a day of highs and lows. We had the last pre chemo powwow this morning with Nurse Marietta. All of last weeks scans and tests demonstrated I only had cancer where we knew it already was. We toured the infusion areas where the poisons would be pumped into me and nurses would attend me. Passing all of these folks with no hair, or hair pieces or hats I felt a kinship to a new club, one I knew of but never dreamed of belonging to. We talked of how much better I would feel after the first treatment, and how I would have an appetite and have a great Easter dinner with the Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment