26.7.10

Pee Log in February

Two weeks have passed, and my routine includes 45-75 minute sleep intervals. Still struggling but my Ologist assured me it is the sickness.
‘Here’s my pee log’ I blurted as I proudly unfolded the 4 pages recording each event for 4 days. I quickly showed him that I had good afternoons, very tough mornings and I wasn’t sleeping. Sensing I was overwhelming my Ologist with too much information I withdrew my papers and assumed a docile subservient position and expression. He digested what he had just seen and asked ‘Just how many times are you going a day?’ Clearly he still could not get his hands around it. Collating my reports before leaving for this visit, I summarized the 3 days with totals. 24 on the sixteenth, then 15, then 18, 15 so far today….He waved his hand and lowered his gaze. ‘That’s a lot of pee.’ It always astounds me how much of the language must be used to express the shortest and simplest of thought or principal. It is part of the process. At last he had gained a fuller view.
Record keeping is important. Keeping records is especially important. So I had a pee log. We anticipated the question. We wanted to know the answer. And a pill log, we wanted to know when pain medicine was needed, and adjust to new medications on schedules that did not exist that Superbowl Sunday. Pee logs and pill logs, only part of the picture.
Pee log data fields
Date Time Code 1-Pee 2-Poo Comment
2/16 2:20a 1 light, clear

I find the concept that I of all people should be moved to keep a pee log on myself as most distressing. Likely I would be more distressed if I was compelled to keep such a record on someone other than myself, never the less, the idea never occurred to me until just recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment