27.7.10

Friday March 5, 2010 Waiting for the next step

Well, standing really did help a little, but sleep evaded me. Spasms prevent my bladder from filling to a normal level I like to think, so at 45minute to 1 hour intervals I am in for a short and painful regimen. Sleep in the conventional sense is now a distant memory.
It’s 2 am and sleep is gone,
Awake I am to cancers song,
Lortabs work for not so long.
So I start the day early you see,
With a smile on my face and a painful pee.
Finally about 9:30 am with a little medicine I get to work. Going after the close on a couple of new systems today. The sky is clear cold blue. On the road again.
But couldn’t do it. Tried, but realized at Anderson I was in no shape. Way too much aching to drive, and the rough roads don’t help. Tried to get it going but only worked half a day, just too uncomfortable. Again I have to overcome this, but this week it just seems a little overwhelming. The week passes without moving ahead. Waiting for a biopsy to be scheduled, I finally took matters into my own hands. E mailing Marietta and as usual getting a prompt reply. Once again I find that crossing into other departments from an ologist, in this case ultrasound and radiology; there is a breakdown in communications. Having had my first Ologist put the fear of the Lord in me about getting on this post haste, waiting without word on scheduling critical tests is cruel and perhaps even deadly in consequence. Presuming they were just too busy in Indy, I suggested a competitive Hospital for my biopsy, to which I got this reply late Friday from Marietta;

Mr. Courtney

I apologize for the slowness in scheduling your biopsy. I can call Community Hospital in Anderson on Monday and see if they can get you in next week. I left another message with the ultrasound dept at IU for them to call me ASAP to let me know when they can do the biopsy next week.
Dr. Hahn and I want to get things moving and I will get the biopsy scheduled somewhere next week… the location will be determined as to who can get it scheduled sooner.
Again I am sorry it is taking so long.
Take care,
Marietta
From: Mike Courtney
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 3:16 PM
To: Marietta L
Cc: Vanessa Courtney
Subject: RE: Patient info

Hi Marietta,
Should I explore having the biopsy of the lymph nodes in question done at Community in Anderson, where the scan was done? Given the gravity expressed regarding my condition, I would have thought we would be moving a little faster getting this done.
Mike Courtney
Cell: BR549

No comments:

Post a Comment