27.7.10

March 15, 2010 Icing the Marbles-It's All In the Technique

Monday March 15, 2010
Icing the marbles
In a v-con with Rex, Pendleton to Las Vegas, I mentioned in passing the joys of icing ones marbles. While he went through his protracted convulsive reaction attempting to digest the thought dew balls came to mind. DB, the two letter acronym for Dew Balls, refers to that condition that occurs to bikers in February, when the sun has peaked out, the highways and byways are relatively clear, but the bike is in the barn under its cover and the seat is a few degrees below the 33 degree temperature, and has been for weeks. As the biker straddles his ride he draws it up to center of his wide stance. Then he eases down on the saddle, onto a surface far beyond bone cold. The immediate reaction results in man tonsils, and if he has tonsils he now has an extra possibly hairy pair.
But when the marbles are in need of relief, I prefer the freezer gel pack against the traditional sack of peas. The smooth flexible surface, just the right width and length is superior to the plastic pea bag.
I like to start under a blanket in the recliner. I position my self slightly reclined, and bring my knees up putting my feet against the foot rest. Lowering my pants and wrapping the freezing cold bag in a thin towel, I lay the giggle monster up and carefully position the gel bag directly over the family business.
Ice has a funny effect on pain. I know this process sounds terrible, but as the cold penetrates pain and swelling are greatly diminished. The final stage is when the marbles demand direct contact, the thin towel pulls away, the BVD’s come down and ice cold gel gets up close and personal with 2 numb marbles. This all sounds so good I am going to have to go ice right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment