27.7.10

March 9, 2010 and I Am Full of It

Better this morning. Who was to know that apparently most of my issues were due to me being full of shit? Having never been on a narcotics regimen and never been constipated in my memory I frankly was not familiar with the symptoms.
I thought a BM every day was sufficient. In desperation yesterday I e mailed Nurse M, she told me to take laxative and softener every day with the narcotics, and within hours I was improved. What a difference a gassy dump makes. The through the middle back pain is gone; the unbelievable stomach ache is now but a faint echo in the distance. So there is something they don’t talk about in addict school, how this stuff binds you up and creates such distress. Gonna do opium, do exlax as well. Shoot up, blow out, that’s the name of the game.
I find increasingly limited movement. Pain through the back and middle front and always downward sense of pressure being placed. For me, this is better. Amazing how my quality of life simply disappeared and the last thing I remember is the gasman saying… Another great visit with Rex today. Unbelievable we talk for 45 minutes and get to see each other and it is just part of the IP service. We are diggin’ Skype. It is good to laugh with Rex and it is fun to make him laugh.
Jocelyn is my super advocate. I did not call her last night to advise that my biopsy was finally scheduled, but I did e mail I was feeling better. I got this e mail;
I’m glad to hear it. I strongly recommend that you call the Radiologist yourself today. Call the one at IU, the one in Anderson, and any others in the vicinity that are covered under your insurance. Ask them for the earliest appointment they have. Tell them that you will bring them your scans yourself (I can pick up any information that they need from Dr. Hahn, either at IU Med or at Clarian in Carmel, and ferry it to them). Feel free to send me the contact information for these folks, and I will make the calls. Or, I can call Dr. H’s office and get the contact info from them and start making calls. Either way, I really think we should take this matter into our own hands.
I hope this doesn’t make you mad. But if it does, I can live with that – this is too important for me to worry about making you mad.
Love you,
Jocey

I responded by e mail advising her to put her pistols back in their holsters and let her know what the arrangements were. She called immediately. As usual she plans to be there for this procedure. She has the luxury and discipline to work at any location. Even at the first hospital stay, her trusty laptop was in tow. I can remember working that hard, and I miss it in many ways but I know that I have definitely slowed up. Now I must revise my strategy to reflect the additional travel limits I have physically. Tomorrow is another day. I will face it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment