24.9.10

Wanting The Animal Out

Vanessa is anxious to get the tumor out.  She thinks that is the end of it.  I tried to tell her and gave up that mine is a cancer without an end.  With a very high recurrence rate within the first 5 years or so and my present stage seeing a cure is not even on my radar. 
Personally, being stable and my ability to get about and increasing strength makes me somewhat comfortable with my present situation.  That is not to say that the tumor is not a weight I resent carrying and feeding.  I want the animal out of me.  I know it’s will to live is as great as mine as a whole, that it is of me and part of me and I want it out of me.  So I will wait for what the surgeon says.
8:15 am and a message from Marietta, it is time for surgery.  Shortly after we left she  mailed Dr. K the surgeon and from his I phone around 7:45P the word came down, time to get the animal out of me.  So we will consult shortly and get things going.  I have done some research, and the doctor painted a rosier picture than the research in our first meeting.  Now with fresh scans and a stable condition we take the plunge.  Above all I want the animal out of me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment