2.9.10

Summer Projects As War Is Raged

August 26
Where have the days gone? I am working my tail off for few orders, a common complaint these days. I am enjoying the quoting, researching, problem solving stuff that is getting thrown at me. I even have a shop project going on a data logger. Me, no sparky for sure with burnt screwdriver tips and multimeter probes now a master of the 4-20 amp loop circuit and all the components contained therein. The recorder is awesome and something no competitor offers in a little box, but there is that thing of making it work. Modern technology has made it safer than it was for me the last time I tackled a similar project involving electricity. I think I was 12 and then it was a shortwave radio. Failure then meant blowing a fuse up at the house, the kind you screw in carefully, made of glass with a light bulb like base. Dad shown darkly when I blew fuses and was capable of blowing one of his own. Today my excursions in power are protected by a GFCI. With a flash and a pop I am not electrocuted, the equipment is not damaged and the building does not burn down. Then one has only to step over and push the reset. No one is the wiser. Wonders of modern science, not that any such thing ever happened to me.
My daily routine begins with Inger, our Family scripture time and our MLD session. Then it is on with the rubbers and off with the day. Last night I showed my stockings to a young man with a broken back, likely from sports, who must wear a special device for several weeks. I am not sure it made him feel better. I just wanted him to know wearing stuff is something lots of folks go through. I failed to mention while he can retire his in a few months I will wear mine for the remainder of my life as the prognosis now stands. We shall see. War on lymph is the name of the game. These lazy ass lymphers just do not want to go back up hill once they get down to my left leg. Must be like the Taj Mahal for lymphers is all I can figure. Anyway you gots to keep em’ movin’ no matter, cause if you don’t stuff gets hard, bigger and pretty soon you might be back in engineered sandals and taking pain pills. I still remember as I laid there and looked down on the examination table concerned about my grapefruit size jewels of the Nile I realized my left leg was swelling before my eyes, even as we spoke. ‘Part of it.’, the doctor said. For a few moments I accepted it, but my Women did not accept it.
So war it is. Take no prisoners, wake up them lymph nodes first thing, start the calves pumping. Four to six days a week I am at the gym, usually before 6 AM with a crowd for the most part my senior I think. The oldest I know is in her mid 80’s doing the elliptical at level 80 for 30 minutes keeping pace and barely breaking a sweat. If that is not an inspiration what possibly could be?

No comments:

Post a Comment