5.9.10

Thinking Twice About Clinical Trials

I do not mean to be selfish, but I am not so sure I want to be part of present or future clinical trials. First, my veins are still very angry at me for what I have put them through. Secondly I have learned there are as many ways to draw your blood as there are nurses to do it and the skill level varies. Further a caregiver predisposed in their minds on some other place, time or person can fail to take into account needle size, make poor vein decisions, make mistakes and cause me grief. It would seem our medical schools could do a little better on standardizing procedures and teaching uniformly the correct way to penetrate a Clients person with a sharp object to remove blood, but maybe that is just me. If my experience is a measure I have to say if the nurse comes in angry ask for someone else to do the sticking.
‘So did you see that camouflaged truck for sale?’ duh

No comments:

Post a Comment