15.9.10

Hey Who Cares How It Works As Long As It Does

Don't dwell on it I tell myself.  Who cares at this point as long as it works.  I pine for last year at this time when I had none of this.  I am back up to 3 gabapentin a day for my neuropathy.  This generic for Neurontin®  It is for my feet. After some research I discovered the pain in my feet is similar to that inflicted upon sufferers of shingles.  I also learned that the makers and sellers of the drug that is handling it have no idea how it works exactly, except maybe it affects some calcium channels in the brain or some such thing.  I do know it promptly eliminated the pain and my toes returned to normal color, and lowering the dosage brought back the pain and my toes turned black.  Go figure. 'There is a pill for everything' the noble Dr. H. said.  I am enduring some side affects including weakness, some physiological routine variations (PRV's), fatigue and a voracious appetite.  On the latter it is the most difficult to live with.  I have fought back the urge to graze at night but have to watch myself everyday for specific cravings mostly of the fatty variety.  Oddly satisfying a craving for a Happy Burger or a cookie from the pantry or whatever is always disappointing.  I have adapted to long term illness with some bitterness but none the less acceptance.  Medication induced additional difficulties and negative unintended consequences really toast my cookie.  My research tells me I may have to take this stuff for years before my condition is such that it is not needed.  This pain has been the worst so far of anything the Good Lord has set forth for me to endure.  I thank him daily for the pill that keeps it at bay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment