7.9.10

A Snickers Event

September 2 at 6 AM and I finish my coffee and a few back issues of some journals I enjoy I am met by Snickers at the entry to the dining room, meowing fervently and blocking my path. Snickers is a long hair something that even when perfectly stationary is producing a fine cloud of dander flying everywhere. In alert mode she extends her significant coat out to make herself bigger. Such was her profile as she looked up at me and loudly meowed. Of course at this hour of the morning I know the game. I started it by doing it once, and she has us repeat it occasionally. I think she is polishing the routine so she can train her Mother. I said OK and Snickers led me to the utility room door, I followed her in and she jumped up on the water softener, a 30” tall affair with a flat top where her bowl is placed. I stepped up, she turned to me, I began the dutch rub on her back just up from the tail and told her what a fine animal she is and how lucky I am to have her. She then turned and buried her face in her breakfast. This is the only time in our daily routine when Snickers allows my approach, I can even lay my head on her back during this game, a move that would only mean puncture wounds and hard feelings at any other time.
I continue to experience an increased sensation of edema in my left arm. It is a tingling accompanied by an ache deep in the limb, a tired stiffening kind of ache. We took measurements for baseline yesterday to see of it is edema or just a reaction to increased gym activity. I pray it is the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment