7.10.10

Spin Tarry Thrust

‘Have you made your appointment yet?’ she asked.  I was responding to her v mail.  I need to because she can get lost or sometimes has a need not expressed.  This time it was mind racing to see how we fit it all in.  ‘No, that’s on the top of my pile.  I thought we should coordinate on the time.’  ‘There’s no need to coordinate’ she said .  ‘Well’ I drawled, ‘I just figured you would want to be there for whatever it is we are doing’.  ‘It’ a preoperative check you have to do’ came her curt reply.  I could sense the tension building in the cell connection almost as if the microwave frequencies were reaching a point of harmonics that might disrupt this dimension.  ‘So you are telling me I should not give regard to your calendar and set the appointment as I see fit?’  I ducked my head a tad.  ‘I’m telling you’, (Is that teeth gritting I am sensing?) ‘to make the appointment then I will set up my calendar, but it needs to be done soon.’   ‘OK’ I replied ‘rest of this week is out’.  ‘Anytime next week’ she said.  I moved slowly across the keyboard, scanning my outlook calendar and checking the various post its, index cards, scratch notes about my desk in various states of dishevelment.  About to commit she says from a distance ‘But not next Tuesday.’  Hmmmm, make it any day, except.  After some out loud bantering due to the fact we were at our workstations a hall and two doorways apart, we will shoot for Monday or Wednesday.  I fired an e mail requesting times available.  I hope the challenge never ceases as long as I am breathing.  Touche’.
The calendar is filling for the next weeks.  Chicago, catch up with my Dear Aunts, Homecoming, work stuff and transferring to those who must pick up my work load as well.  I hope I have a lot to turn over as I intend to go full tilt until I have to quit for a while. Spend as much time as I can now with my closest of family as we brace for the inevitable long days.  Jocelyn will bear the burden by virtue of her willingness and geographic closeness.  Vanessa put her battle gear on day one and faces each step of the process as another battle in the war.  Fortunately for her sanity and mine she keeps me in check. 
I am back on my training regimen, but still struggle with the voracious appetite.  I likely will have to start keeping a log.   

No comments:

Post a Comment