26.10.10

Prep And Prayer


Morning of the 26th and remarkably I am not hungry.  Contrary to my hopes and dreams, the laxative worked all night, hour by hour, oh what a joy.  No wonder I have no appetite.
At 8 am I am downing my second dose, one more today and I am done the intake phase.  Laxative for breakfast, a entirely new way to go at weight loss but frankly I would rather be fat.  Made it up to see the Boy’s today one last time.  Joe was in rare humor, Gerald presented the team with a sewer problem and Dan looked a lot like a Marine DI and was also in fine humor.  Much laughter by all and a boost to my spirits last minute.  So I rest in preparation as the night lingers.  No last minute stuff to clutter my head, what good would it do.  Hearing from loved ones wishing me well is good as well.  The double dose of nuclear option continues to effectively kill my appetite.  At midnight all intake ends.  I find I have weathered this well and it has not been as difficult as I anticipated.  Just another step in the process. 
Pre OP at 10AM.  I have been called for pre registration, to check to see if I have behaved correctly and done as instructed and reminded I have surgery tomorrow.  I am going into a teaching hospital and my surgeon is the department head, it don’t get much better than that for bladder cancer victims. 
My Niece inspired me to lyric with my Surgeons Prayer;
Surgeon and Nurse do take care,
That’s a Dad, Husband, Uncle, Cousin, Brother laying there.
A friend, a foe, the latter sad to say so,
with so much to do and such a long way to go.
So hold this life dear Nurse and MD,
As you do your miraculous ectomy.
I will fight to make a victory for you,
One you can talk of in future reviews,
For such a victory to be sure,
Means we were successful and finally cured.

No comments:

Post a Comment