2.10.10

Friday Night Date Night

Last night I had a date with the wife, circa 1972 with updates.  Instead of Maynerds it was Teds.  Instead of Fred and Fonda it was Son and Daughter, instead of a 16 dollar tab it was a hundred dollar tab, followed by walking two malls, albeit open air up scale.  Smelling the clothing stores reminded me of downtown Elwood shopping on Friday night with Mom leading and Dad and Paul and me in tow.  The smell of Falveys was in the air for true.  At my age, after walking two malls and prior to that killing the buffalo and a greasy cheeseburger with onions and cordobian bacon and sinfully real cheese with a gob of mayo (and I think my problem is holding fluids, give me a break) on top of bison nachos and two delicious margaritas and copious amounts of ice water.  I ate like Henry the 8th.  It will take from now until Surgery to live it down.  I likely weigh in at 215, highest ever in my life and the operation takes the muscle weight but leaves the fat.  Fabulous.  Today is Day 2 of training.  I would say I have gotten off to an ignominious start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment