22.10.10

Caring


Will I be part of the bag community?  Hell I didn’t even know there was a bag community until the cancer.  I have visited ostomy web sites where experiences, stories, pleas and blessings are put out there.  An entire community within the human community with bags talking about intimacy, sex with a bag, bag accidents; all the good, bad and what some would consider ugly.  Not me though, now I understand.  Would that I could have had such sensitivity as a young man but at least I have it now. 
For a cancer patient I have had too much fun this summer.  Dave Matthews and Santana with Stevie Winwood and priority parking, baseball at Victory field, concerts at Conner Prairie, dinners and lunches, my little brother, my big brother, my sister, Aunt Shirley, Chicago and full time work.  The gym a lot, walks, grand dog and golfing 3 times for the first times in my life.  You wouldn’t know I had a tumor to look at me.  Greater than all of that is discovering and rediscovering all the caring and loving people in my life.  I am blessed into supreme humbleness at the thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment