24.10.10

Saturday Night Adventures Before The RC


Maggie got out last night after I got home and put her out unsupervised.  Forensic evidence examined this morning indicates the little devil made it under the fence.  At 2 AM me hollering Maggie in the neighborhood seemed ill advised, but since the closest know my voice I decided the dog took preference.  When I could I worked up a piercing whistle.  The dark was absolute at times with the overcast and I caught a couple of glimpses of her in the yard, out of reach, pretending to be indifferent or watching me intently.  After 45 minutes or so she came bounding in the open gate to the sound of a few morsels of food in her bowl.  Today she is lethargic and clearly homesick for her family. 
A remorseful Granddog

Last night was a ball.  Picture 3 totally pussy whipped guys age 59 and up driving to Lafayette.  Killer in the back texting his wife and fielding calls in most entertaining fashion.  'Whoa cleavage' he blurted out as we came down in the glass elevator at the convention hotel.  Sure enough below were some of the sisters with cleavage.  I had seen it before and was sure I knew what he was talking about.  Only he could get away with such an outburst.  We had lots of pictures taken, I quaffed down a couple of Jack and Cokes that Killer insisted on treating me to.  I danced with my beautiful wife, had a nice dinner and a quiet ride home, followed by losing the dog.
The left stocking was all I wore for the evening and it became quite uncomfortable on the way home.  I also had the bicycle shorts option on for upper support.  This set up works well to prevent the lymphedema from raging out of control.  This morning as I write I am sans stocking and the leg holds that tingly feeling from mid thigh to toe end. 
‘Realize that we are leading our generation, the baby boomers into the foray of ill health
and high tech treatment modalities.’  Jim Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment