3.1.11

The Pain Makes For Strange Routines


Ah, so it is movement that causes it.  Is it a blockage?  I took a single lax after breakfast and await the results.  Moving about brings on the core ache with a vengeance this morning.  Frequency is the same, once per hour or so.  Blood presence is intermittent and in small amounts.  But the more I move the less I can.  Now this is worth monitoring.  It is a little over 40 and mid day, I’ll go out and push it to the limit just to see what happens.  I timed my meds and have been maintaining a 4 hour interval taking two each time (max dose) since yesterday.  The drug is reasonably effective for 3 hours. 
I tested my sea legs a couple of times last night.  After a few steps I begin to experience some ‘tightness’ for lack of better description in my mid section.  This worsens with each step and basically makes it impossible for me to walk.  Staying on the 4 hour interval I dropped down to one pain pill for the two evening doses and then up to two at the 2AM drain interval.  This puts me on two at 6AM and in good shape for Vanessa and around 9 or so Inger.  The lymphedema requires now daily therapy to keep under control.  I still have significant fluid collecting in my mid section and while it moves out with massage it seems to move right back in. 
Huddled up to our stove, Tucker in her fur coat and me in my layers we looked pretty analog watching a giant gila monster terrorize everything in site.  Still only able to sleep in 50 minute intervals I have made 3-4AM Tucker time regardless of the weather.  I remember in the past quiet times, a twelve year old huddled with his big brother on a worn out sofa.  With cinder block on the east, sliding garage doors on the south, blankets and tarps on the west and the rough hewn plank wall of the coal bin on the north, the room had just enough for the sofa, a coal stove from Grandma’s, an old TV and jury rigged antenna.  It was New Years Eve and Jack Paar was on the TV.  Laughing and shivering with big brother and logging a memory that never drifted that far from conscious thought.  Try as I may I have never been able to control what events I will remember or how I will remember them.  This is taken care of by the remember gland in my brain I guess.  Nor can I decide what I will forget, so I forgot to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment