20.1.11

And Up And Down And Up Again


Today is January 19 and oh what a difference a couple of days make.  I drove today to Muncie solo.  I have a better understanding than ever of my digestive difficulties.  Without this pain I require minimal medication for pain, taking only one or two of the oxy fives a day.  My spirits are lifted.  I feel really good and I just wish I felt good.  It is weird that in my mind I am fine and happy and ignoring all reality just like always yet when I move about the animal reminds me of it’s presence.  The lymphedema is persistent and requires daily attention, another constant reminder.  I am tiring easily but seem to be getting stronger with each day that I do not have the stomach cramping issues.  Yes I am even eating a fiber bar in the night when I feel the beginnings of an ache and now can do it without feeling uneasy.   In the past two days I have slept horizontal in bed for up to two hours.  Oh what a joy it is to be able to lay down, although I cannot lay on my back I can assume a prenatal, and drift off to sleep in the warmth of a bed. 
January 20 and the abdominal aches kept me up in the night and persist this morning.  Even with the apparent effectiveness of the laxative regimen I am suffering so I have much more to learn about what the animal is about now.  I am resolved to aggressively go after it and determined to gain a control over it.  By midday I am in pretty good shape.  Gas issues have passed and base line pain is manageable, but it does make walking difficult and a little slow.  I travelled today and shoveled some snow.  The temp is going down to single digits tonight.  Vanessa fixed an excellent dinner of chicken breast vegetables and a tater smashed to smithereens.  I had a gab and pain pill for desert.  I am once again in pretty good condition after my bout last night.  My meeting today gave me some serious homework to be done by Tuesday latest and delivered to the client.  

No comments:

Post a Comment