1.1.11

2011, I Made It


Something I ate or didn’t.  New Years Eve started with my laxative of choice (1) at 2 AM.  As the first time it delivered but not too harshly.  It worked at 5:30 A but left a terrible back ache.  This morphed into a clean through belly ache to spine fold you over comin’ in waves pain.  A double dose of pain pills and a bowl of bran at 7A and finally under control at 9A. 
So here I am writing a little.  I could here wax nostalgically on all that has happened in 2010 but I think this record should suffice.  As I sit here I just want to go out and hug all of my neighbors (a felony I think), kiss my Wife (can’t find her), embrace my friends and family (again, a felony I think) for all that has been done and all the prayers said on my behalf.  Fittingly, the year ends with the animal in attack mode.  Fortunately I got in three or four hours of sleep last night.  It is nine am, and I took the meds at 7 which ow explains why my typing has been reduced to fits and starts, my mind wanters, my head has gained 20 lbs in weight and I have that feeling that my body is moving backwards even as I am stationary.  Holding hands up more difficult now, many typos being corrected with backspace, time to give it a break……..I turned the lava lamp on and put on some Dave Mason.  I found myself incapable of doing much this last day of 2010.  JG came by for a brief visit, I am just not back up to darts yet.  By the late afternoon the temp has topped 60 at the house.  When midnight came Van was down for the count, complaining of an upset stomach.  We managed to roust ourselves up for a kiss and kept the cork in the bubbly.  I went out and hollered at the top of my lungs on the front deck.  I made it, it’s 2011. 

No comments:

Post a Comment