6.3.11

Another Comeback In Process


And zing, another week has passed.  And zing, another nail section whizzes by hits a wall,lamp,shelf,chair,person,unameit.  If Vanessa knew she would probably at least wound me.  Whatever the cause the tensile strength of my fingernails is equivalent to some metal alloys.  Trimming requires of me closing doors , proper orientation, use of safety glasses and hat and pull over top (no pockets).  The clippers are sharp and easy for me to hold.  Zingclickticktick and another part of my DNA hits somewhere to the left.  The week was difficult going in but Vanessa worked with me to get my medication ahead of the pain.  Friday she commented after the long day how busy I was all day.  It was true.  Zing, tap against the door, good thing I closed it. 
This week started with the pain on top and ended with my practice of taking my pain medicine on schedule and not waiting for the signs of pain to arrive.  The result has been rest, productivity, much less moaning and groaning and regained ability to motor around.  It requires a morphine dose every day.  I am now in my forth day of this regimen and enjoying the comfort. 
Once again I am starting over on the PT stuff.  There for a short period I started to make progress but all of that ended.  Now I am building up again.  Walking is a critical part of my LMP (lymphmanagementprogram), I love TLA’s ( threeletteracronyms).  Making the leg movements to motor about is like running the pumps.  To get and stay on top it is part of the daily regimen no matter what time it is done during the day.  As I have been able to at various hours I have bundled up to walk up the road.  Always mindful that what ever distance I cover going up I must cover going back I have extended my distance from 200 to 1000 feet.  Today I am confident I can do at least 1500.  I collapse back in my broken down chair.  I am talking feet I can walk with manageable pain.  Feet to my threshold seems so miniscule yet 1000 feet to me is as great a goal I think as running 5 miles in the time goal is to my Daughters, with a lot fewer calories involved in the transaction. 
Jocelyn shared this with me;
What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited
It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot steal eternal life
It cannot conquer the spirit.
The Author is correct in his or her hypothesis.  All of the things listed are beyond the ability of the animal.  Only a person can do these things.  In my estimation you are chicken if you use the C card to accomplish anything on this list.  Thinking about it this is the list of soap opera plot lines.  Every one has one or more characters with the animal occasionally.  The victim is fighting one of the above moral dilemmas.  I believe it is a lot better not to carry such baggage along with the burden of the battle and the animal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment