26.10.10

Liquids Only For A Bit


Now Monday the 25th.  Liquid diet regimen in place.  Day one.  First bottle of the nuclear option downed with water.  As if on the clock first blow out 30 minutes later.  All for today I think as I have been regular as clockwork all summer.  Past experience dictates I give myself about a 3 hour window and take down at least 48 ounces of water with each bottle.  Two more bottles of the stuff tomorrow and my colon should be clean enough to….to whatever you do with a shiny colon that is so clean it looks like it has never been used.
Van and I drove to the hospital this morning for one more chest x ray requested by the Ologist presently in charge, Dr. K.  Sam came out to assist me.  She asked me why I was there, who my doctor was and basics on medical history to fill out her blank form.  This hospital will be another repository for numerous ‘fat files’ I am sure.  After that we went upstairs so I could get a look at where I would be staying, since the next time I arrive I may not be conscious.   Van overwhelmed me a little when she got back last night, first with me picking her up in too small a car and ending the evening with my failure to oversee the lousy waitress packing her to go supper order.  On the latter she has a case, for I know better than to trust this particularly air headed server.  Some people are not really good at their regular jobs and it becomes glaringly obvious if they are in the service business.  In any event I acted out.  I hope I have not done it very often but I am not sure.  Vanessa does not deserve to be the brunt of some venting issue I have.  That being said I found myself feeling a little silly afterward, getting all bent out of shape at her unloading after days with the Sisters.  I should be used to it by now and I am and deep down thankful that she chooses me to do her venting at, on and over.   
It is my goal to be eating again about this time next week.  I know that is pretty ambitious but the visions of cheeseburgers are already dancing in my head.  
Inger gave me high marks this morning on my over all condition, although my lower left ankle and foot were pretty swollen.  I found a little more to do around the house this evening in preparation for winter.  The wind is supposed to blow a gale in the morning.  I think I have the hatches battened down satisfactorily.  Longer term the weather looks fair for the anticipated time I will be in the hospital.  This is a big load off of my mind.  I cannot help but worry a little about Van driving in the city.  She is still directionally challenged no matter how many times we go to the same general area.  Lots on her mind I guess.   
Tomorrow I must change the message on my phone to reflect my extended absence.  In 36 years of my trade I have never been out of touch for this long.  I am still pondering what to say.  On the other hand my results have not been stellar, after all I ain’t rich yet so who really cares what I say?  Clearly I will figure this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment