26.7.10

March 3, 2010 back to work day

March 3, 2010
Skyped Rex at 8 AM at his hotel in Rye NY. A good start to the day with a few hearty laughs. Still finding it difficult not to overexert and end up very uncomfortable. Went to Indy today, had a couple of nice visits, now it is 4:30 and gray. Lortabs are not as much fun, so I knocked down my last endocet 40 minutes ago and have just left the deck flying at a reasonable speed up to cruising altitude. Enjoyed my day though a little frustrated with my office and our continued low activity level and quiet phones. I have a few irons in the fire and have been enjoying being back at it. Looks like I might actually sell something, which in a way takes the fun out of the job. That is the way of life. I love to sell, to size up the prospect, to be forward, probe, find common ground. Talk on common ground, work the conversation slowly, and listen for the cues, the markers to turn the topic ever so gently. I sell a great product, with many benefits to owners. I thrill at the challenge of getting my message across. I like developing relationships and trust. Then you get an order. You have to make sure what you sold is what you deliver. You become a warrior advocate for your Customer when things go awry. You take the front line to face Purchasing, Shipping, AP, AR, CRM and so on. As you can see I definitely prefer the selling part over the order taking part.
Hoping today I get to hang around for 20 more years or so in a functional fashion. Pain persists through my center. Spasms front and back high and low, drain tube pain the length, hurts to pee and makes you tired because it hurts so thoroughly. Waiting for IU to call so we can make our next move, the needle biopsy. I am ready. Not to feel sorry for myself, but I never considered me lucky. I had a habit in college of smoking with very deep drawls, and KT often told me that would kill me someday. Got my ass beat in darts tonight by JG in the men’s room. Shaping up to be another tough night, bladder related pain and discomfort. Converting Bee Gee album to mp3-Van will rock this summer on the mower.

No comments:

Post a Comment